What can be done?MrContent
This is going to discuss a bit what can be done with these services that are related to both social media success and getting your website in front of the world for certain searches on Google. We consider it efficient marketing accessible to small companies as well (not just the big players). It beats advertising by a long shot. Also, a Reddit post leading to your website and upvoted 50 times is worth more from a SEO perspective than packages sold by other companies dedicated to SEO, for hundreds of dollars.
Keep in mind that this is not even half of what could be done; you’ll have to let your imagination loose in order to discover the true limits of these services:
Through a series of targeted actions (comments, posts, upvotes, downvotes, abuse reports and sometimes just plain moderating because, for example, we have admin access to over 4000 subreddits), we can influence the public opinion in almost any thread on Reddit, Voat, Hacker News, and other networks. A few examples of why you might need this:
- let the world know about your new product/service, maybe even create a subreddit for it and gain reviews and subsequently trust, fast
- let the world know about your cause and get some followers
- bring a lot of traffic to your content (your blog posts, YouTube videos, etc.)
- bring a lot of traffic to your social media accounts (for example by linking to a tweet of your account)
- bury someone’s opinion to hell
- add popularity to your links and comments in order to gain karma
- feature your comment on top of the comment section of a thread/post; it could be your referral link, your product, or anything else that brings you money; meanwhile we’d downvote competing comments
- prank a subverse, ‘Show HN’ or any subreddit
- introduce false information into the blogosphere or through the many Twitter/Facebook bots that use Reddit as a source of information
- manipulate the price of a stock
and so on. There are countless possibilities.